Rules and Ways
Reid Monaghan | Guest Speaker
One of Jesus’s most central teaching He hands-down to us has become known as the golden rule. It calls us to live with a moral imagination about the future and treat others in the way we wish to be treated. In doing so, He also calls us to walk in His way which at many times is misaligned with this present world. The crowd is often following a big highway that leads to destruction. We are to enter the kingdom by following King Jesus in His way.
March 12, 2023
Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving, Supplication
- Jesus has a Rule
- Jesus shows us the Way
- Jesus Calls us to Enter
- Hardly anyone objects to the golden rule. Why do we find it so difficult to follow?
- How can you engage in prayer for reflection about how you should treat other people in your life?
- How can we imagine a different future with the way we treat our friends, family, spouse, kids?
- In what ways do you see Jesus calling us away from going along with the crowd?
- What personal temptations do you have to tap out and float along with the culture?